Monday-Thursday: 5:00 am – 10:00 pm | Friday: 5:00 am – 9:00 pm
Saturday and Sunday: 8:00 am – 8:00 pm
OPEN ALL HOLIDAYS, EXCEPT CHRISTMAS
1400 E. Van Buren, McAlester, OK 74501
McAlester Regional Wellness Center has exercise programs designed to assist members in achieving optimum health. Gain physical and cardiovascular strength, lose weight, enhance recovery from injuries or surgeries and a lot more under the guidance of trained experts who provide personalized assistance.
The Fitness Assessment helps your trainer customize a workout for your needs. The Fitness Assessment includes Health History Questionnaire, Cholesterol and Glucose Screening, Lung Function Testing, Flexibility Analysis, Resting & Exercise Blood Pressure, Body Fat Measurement, Height to Weight Ratio, Waist to Hip Circumference and Cardiovascular Endurance Testing.
- First member – $42.50, additional family members $28.00/each member
- Babysitting for ages 12 months to 8 years – $5 per visit or $25 monthly per family
- No family membership will exceed $95 with babysitting; $85 per month without babysitting
- Immediate family members must reside in same household & be 14 years of age or older
- Guests pay $7 per visit and must be 18 years of age
- 5 visit punch card – $25.00 (expires 1 month after date of purchase)
- Personal Fitness Trainers (20 minute coaching sessions, 30 minute or 1 hour sessions)
- Low & High Impact Aerobics, Pilates, Yoga, Core Pole, Tai Chi, R.I.P.P.E.D., Zumba, Boot Camp, Step & Sweat, On the Ball, Movement in Motion, TNT, Explosive 30, All Tapped Out
- 4 Types of Water Aerobics – Aqua Train, Aqua Flex, Aqua Care – 45′ lap pool
- Therapy Pool Access – Water Jet Whirlpool Relaxation Area
- Precor Icarian Fitness Equipment
- 38 -Treadmills, Stationary Bikes, Stair-Steppers, Elliptical Cross Trainers
- 17 – Icarian Selectorized Weight Machines
- Large Free Weight Area
- Mondo Indoor Cushioned Surface Walking Track – 13 laps = 1 mile
- Private Showers, Dressing Area, Solid Wood Lockers
- Hair Dryers & Swimsuit Dryers in Locker Rooms
- Free Coffee and hot tea
- Low-carb wraps, salads, fruit bowls, sport drinks, bottled water and more
- Workout and swim gear for sale, yoga mats, lifting gloves
- Video Running Analysis
- Full Body Biomechanical Assessment
- Rehab and Conditioning Specific to Running
- Increases the quality of life.
- Reduces the risk of developing heart disease, diabetes and high blood pressure.
- Reduces high blood pressure and feelings of depression and anxiety.
- Helps control weight and manage stress.
- Helps build and maintain healthy bones, muscles and joints.
- Cardiovascular, strength training equipment and free weights
- An 8 foot wide indoor walking track
- 2 pools, one for aquatic exercise classes and lap swimming; the other for rehabilitation and arthritic exercise
- A group exercise studio and adjacent stretching area
- A conference and educational center
Misti Adams – Massage Therapist
For appointments, call 918-421-6600
Titleist Performance Institute (TPI) Certified Analysis and Training
Do you ever feel that you spend all that time at the range and never get better? Have you gone to a golf instructor, who informed you that you are “not making a good turn” or you are “coming over the top” or “you are swaying or sliding?” Despite your attempts to correct these flaws, you fail miserably.
As a Physical Therapist, Ken diagnoses and treats musculoskeletal, neurological, and balance/movement disorders. Combining his background in anatomy and biomechanics with the TPI golf-fitness approach ensures that your program is comprehensive and considerate of all your needs.
With TPI, Ken will perform a 15 minute physical screening which identifies your physical limitations. These physical limitations are some of the reasons you don’t “make a good turn” or you “come over the top” or you “sway or slide.” Video analysis of your swing will also be performed, and then the results of the screening are correlated with what is evident in the video.
By identifying your limitations and providing some easy exercises to eliminate these limitations, correction of the golf swing is now possible. In many cases, it’s not your swing, it’s your body! Fix your body, and you can fix your swing!
Did you know:
- 12 of the last 16 Major Championships were won by players advised by a TPI Certified Professional.
- 22 of the top 35 players in the Official World Golf Rankings are advised by a TPI Certified Professional.
- 58 out of the last 87 PGA Tour Events were won by players advised by a TPI Certified Professional.
NOW AVAILABLE AT MCALESTER WELLNESS CENTER
For more information call 918-421-6600
“We don’t believe there is one way to swing a club; we believe there are an infinite number of ways to swing a club. But we do believe that there is one efficient way for each person to swing a club and it is based on what they can physically do.”
Since its inception in 2003, TPI has studied thousands of golfers ranging from the top professional Tour players to weekend enthusiasts. An incredible amount of data on players of all shapes, sizes, ages, and fitness levels has been gathered during this time. Using this data, TPI discovered how a properly functioning body allows a player to swing a golf club in the most efficient way possible. Additionally, TPI has analyzed how physical limitations in a player’s body can adversely affect the golf swing and potentially lead to injury.
It’s called the Body-Swing Connection, and more and more golfers are realizing that the key to reducing strokes, is a foundation of strategic mobility, function and athleticism. TPI (Titleist Performance Institute) is the world’s leading educational organization dedicated to the study of how the human body functions in relation to the golf swing.
Functional Elements is one of highly limited training resources throughout the U.S. to offer TPI Certified Training & Analysis, designed to teach players how to increase player performance through a deep understanding of the of how the body functions during the golf swing.
The only way a golfer can truly improve their performance on the course, is through an efficient and healthy body.
The TPI screening process allows us to identify the movement patterns that are inhibited, correct them through prescribed exercises, which then will allow the golfer to move more efficiently and powerfully within their golf swing.
Our special expertise is understanding how and where physical restrictions contribute to weak and inconsistent swings.
- Face to Face consultation
- Questions about the current state of your game
- Past and current injuries
- 16-point physical screening process
- Measurements of strength, flexibility, mobility, and balance
Based on our findings, we will prescribe a custom program to target your specific limitations and to reinforce proper swing sequence and mechanics.
No matter what skill level you are, you will gain more mobility, functional strength, power, and balance throughout your body leading to lower scores and fewer injuries.
1400 E. Van Buren
McAlester, OK 74501