Phone: (918) 421-6000
1 Clark Bass Blvd., McAlester, OK 74501
The highlight of the center is its two hyperbaric chambers, which use high pressure and an all-oxygen environment to treat specific types of wounds. The process promotes healing by increasing oxygen at the body’s tissue level up to 20 times its normal level. The Wound Center offers the only hyperbaric medicine in the area.
Dr. Dennis Staggs is medical director of the McAlester Regional Wound Healing Center, which opened in February 2014 to treat patients with chronic wounds such as those involving bone infections.
- Diabetics with a wound that is slow to heal, or is not healing
- A person with damaged tissue from radiation therapy
- Someone with a skin graft that has a questionable blood supply
- Certain infections of the bone and/or skin
- Traumatic injuries-Crush injuries” and/or a post-surgical wound that is failing to heal
At any given time, almost six million Americans suffer from problem wounds. The Wound Healing Center at McAlester Regional Health Center we specialized, state-of-the-art evaluation and treatment of a wide range of wounds. We use the most up-to-date approaches to wound healing, including hyperbaric oxygen therapy to treat:
- Chronic wounds
- Post-surgical wounds
- Pressure ulcers
- Diabetic ulcers
- Ischemic ulcers
- Wounds from traumatic injury
- Wounds from vascular disorders
- Venous arterial insufficiency
- Peristomal skin irritations
1 Clark Bass Blvd.
McAlester, OK 74501