The spiritual care department at McAlester Regional exists to provide spiritual support for hospital staff, patients and families. This care is provided in a timely, competent, appropriate and compassionate manner to all individuals. In times of need, the spiritual care department serves as a living reminder of God’s presence and care.
The McAlester Regional Social Services Department provides patients and families with counseling and referral services to help cope with the problems that often accompany hospitalization. Social Services provides information and support on available community resources to help patients and families maintain the safest, most independent lifestyle possible.
Social Services staff can help ease the worries and concerns that can prevent patients from obtaining the maximum benefit of medical care and can offer assistance and guidance to meet a variety of emotional and social needs such as:
- Adjustment to illness, disability or loss
- Advance Directives, information and guidance
- Behavioral health needs
- Child/Elderly protective concerns
- Domestic violence
- Discharge planning (rehabilitation or long-term)
- Family/Relationship issues
- Financial/Legal problems
- Referrals for basic needs such as housing, transportation and medications
- Substance abuse/chemical dependency
To speak with the McAlester Regional Social Services Department, please call 918-421-6844.