McAlester Regional Health Center has made the very tough decision to restrict all visitor access due to COVID-19 pandemic. The safety of all patients, staff members and our community is our main priority.
When Seeking Medical Care:
- If you feel sick with a fever or dry cough, or other flu-like symptoms, call your primary care provider. In most cases, you should just stay home. Always tell your medical team if you have been in contact with someone with a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19.
- If you are traveling to the ED via private vehicle please call ahead for arrival instructions at 918-421-8005.
- If you have a high fever, trouble breathing or severe flu-like symptoms, call 9-1-1 or go to your closest Emergency Department.
- Please do not come to the Emergency Department if you have mild symptoms or are looking for COVID-19 testing. The ED is for patients with serious health needs.
- Primary care sites are discouraging walk-in visits. Please call to schedule a visit.
- MRHC cannot provide medical clearance for return to work or school after foreign travel.
Health Tips and Reminders
- Social distancing is now in effect statewide. Please work from home if you can and avoid groups of people as much as possible.
- Wash your hands frequently. This is the best way to protect yourself and your family. Doing this several times a day and when you first get home can really help. Wash for 20 seconds. Using alcohol-based hand rubs and gels is also effective.
Although you cannot visit loved ones in person, doctors say it’s important to keep in touch whether it’s by video chat (like FaceTime, Skype, or What’s App) or simply picking up the phone and calling. Many hospitals also are encouraging people to postpone elective and non-emergency procedures.
We appreciate your understanding during this difficult time. If you have any questions or concerns please email email@example.com .
MRHC COVID-19 Visitor Policy
Oklahoma State Department of Health